Thursday, July 5, 2012

Home unpacked-and-messy-yet-sweet home

I am officially a homeowner.

Yikes.

That might not bode well for blogging, as my diet will now have to consist of either ramen noodles or rice 'n' beans. 

No, not because I just spent all my money on a house.  More like I spent all my money on rugs, curtains, decorative bath items, storage containers, gas powered trimmers, hoses, and all the crap I never realized that goes along with having a house.

You all will still read though, even if I just post about stirring a beef flavor packet with 1 cup boiling water and pouring over a noodle block?

No?

Good thing I made a classic dinner the other night.  In fact, it was the first meal I ever made for my husband back when we started dating.  I pointed that out when we sat down to eat.  The response I got was hardly nostalgic- "Really?  I don't remember any of that stuff from back then." 

Ranch Chicken
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (I bought the kind that are pre-cut into 2-3" thick strips)
-1 packet ranch dip/dressing mix
-2 eggs
-2 cups plain breadcrumbs or panko.  Bonus if you find whole wheat.

1. If you didn't buy the pre-cut chicken, go ahead and cut it into 2" thick strips (I had 8).  Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with nonstick olive oil spray. 
2. In a medium sized shallow bowl, whisk eggs until smooth.
3. In another medium sized shallow bowl, stir together ranch powder and breadcrumbs.
4. Dip a chicken strip into the egg, then roll around in the breadcrumbs until nicely coated.
5. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.

Per serving (2 strips): 350 calories, 34 g carbs, 10 g fat, 31 g protein

I heated up some frozen Trader Joe's rice medley and some steam-bag broccoli. 



It might not be the fanciest meal in the world, but hey, I could've served us ramen instead.   



No comments:

Post a Comment