Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Morning Routines

I have to say that I've settled nicely into my summer morning routine.  Take the dog for a jog.  Pack my lunch.  Shower.  Breakfast + Matt Lauer.  Go to work.  Day after day, repeat. 

But sometimes I need to change it up a bit.  I don't mean by switching to Good Morning America.  Ew no.  I mean changing what I eat.  New favorite breakfast? 

Almond butter with flaxseeds, thanks to Trader Joe's. You could easily make your own- just add 1 tsp flaxseeds per tablespoon of almond butter.  Why do I like flaxseeds?  They're a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which fight inflammation in your body and protect heart health.

Let's use some high fiber waffles as the base:
Toast, top with almond butter, and a sliced banana.
Ahh, makes me love my mornings. 

Serving: 2 waffles.  420 calories, 51 g carbs, 23 g fat (heart-healthy), 11 g protein, 15 g fiber (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment