Monday, July 23, 2012

Unfamiliar Territory

A month ago some friends invited us over for homemade sushi.  My husband and I decided that this was something we really wanted to try at our new home.

But then we both got busy.

Doing important things like:
Buying the dog a festive 4th of July skirt. 

But then after procrastination, our sushi mat ordered from Bed, Bath & Beyond finally arrived, and on Saturday night, it was time.

You can find the seaweed wraps at Byerly's by the sushi stand- not in the actual Asian food aisle.  Yes, these are a bit scary. 
Get yo'self some fillers.  I stuck with the traditional California roll ingredients, containing avocado and thinly sliced cucumber.
And krabmeat crabmeat.  No raw stuff.  Let's ease into this whole homemade sushi thing.
After making the sticky rice, with wet hands pat it down on 2/3rds of the wrap. 
Ah yes, sushi condiments.  Again, scary looking stuff but in reality is super tasty.


YUM.  If you don't think you like sushi, omit the crab for a more mild taste.  Perfect for summer, as it's minimal cooking (just the rice). 

Per roll (8 pieces): 255 calories, 38 g carbs, 7 g fat, 9 g protein.

Now onto the next super important way to spend my time- painting my fingernails.

At least I'm not painting my dog's nails too.  









No comments:

Post a Comment