Tuesday, June 26, 2012

California

Last week I had the opportunity to attend a work-related conference in San Diego.  My husband took time off work to accompany me.  It was a great trip- the conference was informative and provided some good networking, and my husband and I still got to spend some quality time seeing the sights.  Here's the trip in pictures:
This was docked outside our hotel.  Very Fifty Shades, no? 
Pomegranate juice at breakfast.  Wasn't really  my thing.  It tasted too much like red wine.  I know- for some, that would be appealing.
I asked for peanut butter with my English muffin.  The waitress brought me Nutella.  Po-tay-to, po-tah-to, French fry. 
I love palm trees.
If I ever happen to have a total windfall of $250,000, I *might* have to buy this pink Bentley.  They had a blue one too.  His 'n' hers?
Okay a trip to the West Coast demands some In-n-Out burger.  We often make "healthy" versions of these at home with wheat buns, lowfat dressing, and ground turkey.  Not quite the same as the real thing.
California must require calorie counts to be placed on menus.  This is something we encountered a lot, and I like this as a trend.  I'll have a cheeseburger, and an extra helping of guilt. 
Our hotel room overlooked the Dole facility on the harbor.  A huge freighter from Honduras comes and drops off the U.S's supply of bananas.  Very cool. 

Now it's back to work and back to reality this week.  I'll probably be slacking in the blogging area since we are moving this weekend.  That means much to pack, and we'll be eating freezer leftovers.  Nobody wants to read about how I fixed waffles, mixed veggies, and sweet potato fries for dinner. 






No comments:

Post a Comment