Monday, January 30, 2012

Life Lesson #48

Today was a clarifying day.  My husband and I have decided it's appropriate for us to begin searching for our first home.  We have no idea where we want to buy, so we figure why not make the process leisurely, ruling out places as we go along.

But there's a problem with that no-big-rush approach.  The more we look at homes, the less of a vision we have.  There's *this* beautiful home with the awful backyard.  There's *that* home with the creepy basement but has a master bathroom.  All in all, five houses were toured, and five houses were "eh- this could work." 

And so after arriving home again, to our modest little rental, I said to myself:

The easiest thing to do in any given situation is to do nothing at all.

I should trademark that phrase.  Slackers and indifferents and indecisives may unite under it.

Who needs stainless steel appliances when you've got chic 70's Frigidaire?


Who needs warm beige when you have birds and blue strawberries?


Who needs hardwood floors when you have plaid laminate?


So for now, Roseville will be the home where I happily hang my apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment