Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hola Mexico!

Here I am, back from my honeymoon.  We left for Cancun the day after Christmas and returned the day after New Year's.  One full week of sun, sand, and Pepto. 

We stayed on Isla Mujeres, a small island off the coast of Cancun.  Our hotel was beautiful and the beaches were just like a postcard.  I have to admit that the first few days of vacation were a little shaky.  I am almost too type-A to just relax and chill, ha.

Our hotel was all-inclusive and the food selection was quite good.  We ate traditional Mayan food as well as dishes from other regions of Mexico, none of which I recall or have pictures of. 

Our big excursion during the week was chartering a small fishing boat to do some deep sea fishing.  TGF-drammamine.  We were on the water for 7 hours and caught a total of 5 fish.  Marcus reeled in this 70-pound sailfish.
  While he reeled it in, I hid behind the steering column.  I was afraid the fish would tweak out and in a last ditch effort for vengeance, leap into the boat and spear someone. 

Next it was my turn to reel in a big one, and I caught a mahi mahi (dolphin fish).  It had super pretty coloring- all yellow and blue- but pretty colors aside, I ain't gonna touch it!
Here's Marcus holding it up once we docked.

We kept one of the smaller mahi mahi and the beachside restaurant grilled it up for us. 

Ah I think this exceeds the standard deck-of-cards serving of meat.  Nonetheless it was delicious, and the fishing trip was time and money well-spent.

Of course the next day we got to do *my* chosen activity- shopping!  Marcus bought me a new ring as a reward for being a good sport.  Now that's good honeymooning.

No comments:

Post a Comment