Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Weekend Recap

I am happy to say that this past Sunday we did some stuff!

We went some places!

We tried some things!

It's not so much the baby that makes it hard to accomplish the above, but it's all the accessories in case he-wants-a-bottle-and-he-wants-it-now, or in case Mount Poopsplosion should erupt.

He looks unsure about his jorts. I reassured him that they're cool for dudes in the <2 crowd. Grown up dudes? Not so much.
I might have spent time assembling a "Farmer's Market Outfit!"
First stop of the day was the Linden Hills farmer's market in Minneapolis. I got a pork tamale while my husband got spicy potstickers.
I followed that up with a salted caramel "Shimmy pop" which was a-mazing.
Then because Sunday calories don't count, we split a chocolate French toast thing from Rye & Honey bakery's stand.
Good thing a 20 minute walk around Lake Harriet burns 1500 calories.

"Yeah! Jorts ARE cool!"
I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't want to encounter this bad baby in a back alley at 2 a.m.

We came across a chicken wing cook off & classic car show at a strip mall not far from our house, so we decided to check it out.

After a day with all...the...eating, it made sense to keep dinner light. I threw together a vaguely Mexican-type dinner and my husband said it was one of the top ten things I've ever made. Go figure. I should be lazy about dinners all the time.

Mexican Couscous  makes four servings
-1 box of plain couscous (could sub quinoa if you want), prepared according to packet
-1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
-2-3 ears of corn, cooked (about 1 1/2 cups worth), or you could sub frozen corn
-1 cup-ish chopped sweet peppers
-1 container pico de gallo (yeah, this really is a lazy recipe)
-1 avocado, sliced
-1/8 teaspoon chili powder
-Pinch of salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients.





Eat. Enjoy. Go to bed early to recover from all the stuff/places/things.



No comments:

Post a Comment