Monday, July 7, 2014

As American as...Norwegian cartoons and Rice Krispie Treats


It's kind of a girl thing to "bring treats!" to an event, and I am no exception. Our 4th plans involved hanging out with my husband's family at their lake home. It was a busy work week and I figured I'd just use food coloring to patriotize basic krispy bars.

When I mentioned this to my mom, she said "Oh! Like from Pinterest?"

Uhhh, NO.  Like from my brain.  Apparently everything in the world has been done.

Anyway, I always like it when I get to use food coloring. Nevermind that red #40 causes you to birth cyclops babies or something like that.  No, I think I like it because the adorable little droppers remind me of David the Gnome.

 Don't act like you never thought of that yourself.

In every wish and dream and haaaaaappy home...you will find the kingdom of the gnoooooome!

 Let's use two bags of 'shmallows just to be extra festive.

 Oh, and let's wear the shirt that I spent $6 on that will get nothing more than this one use.


 Red (ok pink), white, and blue!
 Or if you would rather celebrate the Dutch flag...

 ...or the French flag.
Did some all-American fishing too

And some all-American selfies.

I hope everyone else had a festive & relaxing 4th weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment