Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday Funday

Whoah.  I have been busy.  So busy that my weekend felt like an episode of “24”…although “48” would be more accurate.  No bomb-wielding terrorists to fight, but otherwise I am JUSTLIKE Jack Bauer. 

Saturday was the more domestic day.  Weeding, cleaning, and general manual labor. 

Sunday was fun-to-the-max, starting off with an early breakfast at Victor’s 1959 café in South Minneapolis.  It’s a hole-in-the-wall restaurant with Cuban food.  Hellooooo guava juice.


I ordered a Cuban breakfast sandwich.  Which came with a salad.  Lettuce and I are barely friends anyway, so lettuce at 9 a.m. definitely did not happen.

Then it was on to the farmer’s market.  The most plentiful item was Minnesota-grown strawberries. 



We were there to buy pickling cucumbers.  I found a recipe for homemade pickles that we are going to try soon.  And by “we” I mean my husband.  

Shout out to my index finger, making a rare appearance.

Breakfast #2 for the husband was a sausage and egg burrito at the breakfast stand.  

I am more interested in the ginormous cinnamon rolls.  I may have had one or five of these over the past few years. 


Midday we packed up the poochies and headed over to the in-laws’ lake home for some boating and relaxing.  Turns out the chunky one can swim.  Buoyancy at its best.


On our way back home we swung by the 2nd annual Food Trust Festival in Uptown.  It…was…a…mess.  I felt like I was Where’s Waldo in a sea of two thousand hipsters.   


 We ended up eating from the food truck with the shortest line- the Blue Door Pub.  They were serving “blucy’s”- blue cheese stuffed sliders.  Pretty decent.  Not sure I’m down with jelly and PB as condiments though.




And then it was home for vegging out time.  Weekends take it out of ya.  Good thing I was in bed by 9. 
Yeah, definitely not like Jack Bauer. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment