Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th Weekend!

Boo to being at work today, but yay for having a great 4th. 



 We spent the day at my husband's parents' lake house and did all things American- floating, drinking, and eating.
Um why wouldn't I make the dog wear a festive tutu? 
"I'm so tired from swimming I can't even keep my tongue inside my mouth."

Being in a festive spirit, I decided to try a new idea.  I am sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but as usual, I will claim this as my own.

Homemade Bomb Pops makes 6 popsicles
1 16-oz bottle lemonade (I used "Simply Lemonade")
3/4 frozen blueberries (or fresh)
3/4 cup frozen strawberries (or fresh)
Popsicle molds

Ya like that ingredient list?  Yeah, me too.

Combine strawberries and 1/3rd of the lemonade in a blender.  Blend on high until smooth.  Pour evenly into the bottoms of the popsicle molds, aiming to fill each mold 1/3rd full.  I was a little messy when pouring, so I went back with a little piece of paper towel to wipe the insides of each mold.  Having strawberry puree on the sides will mess up the pretty factor when you're done.

Go freeze that for an hour.

Pour plain lemonade over the frozen strawberry portion, filling to the 2/3rds of the popsicle mold.  Go freeze that for an hour.

Lastly, blend the blueberries with the remaining lemonade, and pour over the frozen molds.  Go freeze for 20 minutes.  Put the stick portion of the popsicle into the molds.  Freeze again for an hour.

To unmold popsicles, run under hot water for a few seconds.


Mmm...you could just stop at this point and drink this up.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking and accidentally made all of mine upside down.  It's supposed to go red-white-then blue. Good thing it still tastes exactly the same.

So yes, good times were had by all.  I hope to continue the summer funtivities this weekend.  As you can see in the background, I think the dog might want to continue wearing her tutu. I approve.






No comments:

Post a Comment