Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Things I Make That I Don't Even Like

I really want to like pickles.

I mean, it's a classic All-American food, right?

For the record, I do not like mustard or ketchup all that much either.

Not a fan of the condiments.

But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy making pickles.

Easy Refrigerator Pickles
10-12 small pickling cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise
1 1/3 cups white wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 sprigs fresh dill
1 teaspoon peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 jalapeno, seeded (optional)

Bring vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, and peppercorns to a low boil.  Remove from heat.  Pour into a jar.  Place pickles, dill, and jalapeno in mixture as well.  Seal and refrigerate overnight.






How many calories in the entire jar?  About 50.  Knock yourself out.  Just don't expect me to have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment