Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Perfect Suburban Couple Date

Monday through Thursday I am ripe with ideas of fun dates for the weekend. 

But then a funny thing happens come Friday-

I get tired.

My husband gets tired.

And TV is easy. 

So it did us some good when we decided to drive over to a brand new Whole Foods a couple suburbs over.  I mean, who doesn't love overpriced organic stuff?

I was nicely surprised though, as the prices were pretty reasonable.  My favorite thing about the store was the ginormous wall of bulk bins right when you walk in.  Just a sampling of what I picked out...

1. Tri-colored quinoa
2. Barley flakes (to be used in place of regular oats)
3. Hulled barley (I love me some whole grains)
4. Multi-colored popcorn

We also bought some of this scary stuff:

I guess it's powdered grass and other healthy-ish herbs and whatnot.  I usually pass on funky stuff like that.  I don't need no stinkin' fruit/veggie concentrate- I'd rather eat actual fruits/veggies.  But when in Whole Foods, buy like the Whole Foodies.  I haven't even tried it yet, but given my husband's, ah, extra propulsion in his step, I think it's the kind of healthy-GI-promoting-stuff I'm into. 

Who knows- maybe this coming Friday we'll do something even more exciting, like go to Costco!

No comments:

Post a Comment