Friday, December 14, 2012

Bright copper kettles vs warm woolen mittens


I prefer doorbells and sleighbells and schnitzel with noodles.

Wait, what is schnitzel?

I do have my favorite things.  Oh sure there are also my favorite people, favorite songs, favorite colors.

(Victoria Beckham, "A whole new world" from The Little Mermaid, and indigo, in case you're wondering)

Taking a break from food, I thought I'd post my current favorites, a la Oprah, though unlike Oprah, I will not actually be giving out these things.
Benefit boi-ing concealer.  I call it my spackle.  Covers up anything and it lasts for hours without getting dried or peely.
Nature Wick candles- $10 at Target.  A friend gave me one of these and I liked it so much I bought a second scent (this one is "fireplace" or something).  They have a wooden wick and make a crackly sound when burning.  Mmm...homey.
Trader Joe's cinnamon holiday tea.  It smells like Christmas in a cup.  Or Hanukkah in a cup.  Your pick.
Trader Joe's lavender salt scrub.  Who knew TJ's made bath products?  This jar costs only $5.99 and it is awesome for wintertime.  Smells amazing and it's super moisturizing.
Lancome face moisturizer.  Expensive, but worth it.  This little jar has lasted me 11 months now.  It's got SPF 30 but doesn't smell sunscreen-y like other creams.
A rosemary tree.  This cost me $10.  Anytime I need fresh rosemary I can just snip off a sprig.  I can't say I've *ever* needed fresh rosemary in my kind of cooking, but hey, at least it's a nice looking plant. And no, that's not an actual picture of my actual tree in my actual kitchen.  I wish.
Fresh sugar rose lip balm- at Sephora for $20.  Twenty bucks for chap stick?  Yes.  Worth it.  One tube lasts forever, plus it actually smells like roses.  I've had the same tube for over a year 'cause this stuff lasts for hours. 

And my most favoritest thing of all?  Dresses and shirts and leiderhosen made out of ugly bedroom curtains! 









No comments:

Post a Comment