Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tastes like fall in a crockpot

To state the obvious, crock pots (slow cookers) are a great invention.  One of our wedding gifts was a programmable crock pot, so no more ruined dinners when my workday runs late.  I've typically used my crock pot for making chicken, beef, stews, etc., but I came across an interesting recipe for pumpkin pudding.  This past weekend I tried it out and both my husband and I are loving it.  It tastes like crust-less pumpkin pie, and since it's made with less sugar and eggs, it's lower cal. 

  • 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
  • 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix ( used Bisquick "Healthy Heart")
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 Tbsp tub spread, like Brummel & Brown, melted
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment