Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Red, white, and bandwagon

I don’t know what it is, but all through June I don’t exactly build up anticipation for the 4th of July holiday. But then the day before, I’m all I MUST FIND PATRIOTRIC EVERYTHING.


I started my day by waking up early and doing more berry picking. I found the best urban patch not too far from my house. Two big Tupperwares took no time to fill with berries, plus a few spideys.


Just to be fancy I made some French toast with a vanilla custard sauce and berry sauce using what I’d just picked. On holidays I tend to make splurge breakfasts. Red and white and blue-ish. Kind of. Sort of. Definitely tasty.


I also made my three-years-in-a-row traditional flag layer cake. I’ll admit that this year I was a bit on the underachiever side in that I didn’t cut the layers in half to make an 8-layer cake. Stilllllll tasted the same. MMM cream cheese frosting. Dietitian what?



We spent the rest of the day hanging out with family and friends and got in a ton of lake time.





If getting excessive sun exposure and eating large amounts of sugar isn’t all-American than I don’t know what is. Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment