Wednesday, May 3, 2017

One recipe among millions

I find it kind of obnoxious when you come across a recipe that promises IT’S THE BESSSSSST EVERRRRRR of anything.

Like do a Google search for “Best Ever Brownies.”

You get 4,670,000 hits.

Yeeeeeeeah.

I mean that’d be a heck of a job to be the person who gets to verify ever stinkin’ recipe to narrow down who actually has the best ever brownies.

Maybe I like a fudgy brownie and you happen to like one that’s more cakey. To each their own!

And really, why am I talking about brownies anyway when we have TURKEY BURGERS to be talkin bout.


Sorry.



But not sorry, ‘cause these are BESSSSSSST EVERRRRRRR Turkey Burgers. I can’t not.

Please please please grill these rather than bake or pan fry. I mean you could, I would never judge, but if you’re gonna make these, then make the A+ version. They’re so easy to throw together and don’t take long on the grill at all. The burger plus the toppings together knock it out of the park.

Best Ever Turkey Burgers
-1 lb lean ground turkey
-1/4 cup steel cut (or regular cut) oatmeal, dry
-1 egg
-2 teaspoons dried parsley
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-Assorted toppings (I used olive oil mayo, alfalfa sprouts, avocado, sliced tomato, and white cheddar cheese)
-whole wheat round thin buns (6)

Preheat grill to medium heat. Too hot of a grill will dry out the burgers. I trialed adding oats because I’ve found turkey burgers can easily get dense and dry. The oats help retain moisture, and they end up blending in with the meat. Trust me- no weird taste going on here.



Combine turkey, oats, egg, and seasonings in a bowl. Using a patty maker, or your hands, form into six patties roughly 1” thick. Grill for 3-5 minutes. Flip, and grill for an additional 5 minutes. Make sure internal temp registers 160 or higher (tip- insert thermometer horizontally through the burger to ensure you’re really hitting the true center of the burger).

Top with cheese for last minute on the grill to allow it to melt.

Per burger patty: 137 calories, 4.5 g carbs, 7 g fat, 15 g protein

If served like how I had mine: 350 calories

Now officially this joins the 1,760,000 other Best Ever Turkey Burgers floating around the internet.




You’re still thinking about brownies though, aren’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment