Thursday, April 27, 2017

Chi-chi-chi-chicken!

Fun fact: I planted what felt-like-at-the-time 187 bulbs in my back garden last year.

Fun fact: Like 2% have popped up. Sure I could keep them in the backyard where the only one who'd ever see them would be the dog when she goes outside to do her biz, orrrrrr, I could bring them into the house where I can truly enjoy them.


]



Fun fact: I roasted some chicken thighs the other night and made an awesomely easy chicken salad! Now we’re talking, right?

Roasted Chicken Salad
-8 chicken thighs, ok to have skin-on, bone-in
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
-1 cup lowfat olive oil mayonnaise
-1/3-1/2 cup chopped green onions (vary the amount based on your taste preference)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

On a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle olive oil over thighs and sprinkle seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip over each piece. Bake for an additional 20 minutes- take internal temperature. Once temperature registers at least 165, chicken is done. Remove from oven and let cool.

Once cool, use a serrated knife to cut off the meat. Discard the skins and bones. Dice up the cooked chicken and add to a medium bowl. Stir in mayo and green onions. Cover with plastic wrap and let refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I made this 24 hours in advance- the flavors really were well blended.

I used this to make wraps- I’m a fan of Joseph’s brand pita and lavash breads. It’s a softer texture than a tortilla while still keeping carb content under wraps. Get it?? Under wraps?

Ok.






I fixed mine with some tomato slices, fresh spinach, and bean sprouts. Yum yum yum yum. Makes a big ol’ wrap that’s still only 380 calories. The chicken salad recipe makes roughly 4 cups of chicken salad. You could add wild rice, chopped walnuts, cut up grapes, slivered almonds, tomatoes- really whatever you’d like. It’s a easy base that’s also great on its own.

That chi-chi-chi-chi-CHICKEN is definitely not going to be stuck in your head all day.






Chi-chi-chi- OK I’M DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment