Monday, April 20, 2015

Pahoweniks

We all just got back from a weeklong trip to Phoenix, or Pahowenicks (I think this is hilarious...no one seems to agree with me). Sun, hiking, pool, and eating. Vacation is awesome.

First things first- we could not make it to In-N-Out fast enough once we got the rental car. Good thing baby was snoozing in the back so that we could unashamedly cram our faces with the tasty deliciousness.


The house we stayed in (parents, plus my two brothers and their SOs) was gorgeous. We mostly hung out in the outdoor patio.


Oh time zone change- Mac woke up at 5 a.m, which was weirdly enough a great time to go grocery shopping. We picked up eggs, chorizo, tortillas, and pico de gallo and made breakfast burritos. I brought Tazo wild orange tea with me, and man that stuff is like drinking sunshine in a mug. 




Reaching for unripened lemons on Auntie Shanna's tree.


Ate at Backyard Taco, which was exactly the kind of hole-in-the-wall-but-so-delicious place we were looking for. 



Stopped at Luci's for lunch one day. My bestie and I split a BLT and $3 sangria. If only I could swing bacon and booze every day for lunch... 


Across from Luci's is the. cutest. bakery. ever. Bakeshop had awesome cupcakes, macarons, and my fave, homemade oatmeal cream pies. 






The website for the Phoenix farmer's market looked promising, listing tons of vendors and food trucks. We went Wednesday night, which must just be their slow night. It was super sad- about 4 vendors and only 3 food trucks. Eh. 


When in the south, eat at Waffle House. 


Took Mac and his chins for a few jogs. He wins the prize for baby who loves his sunglasses the most.


We went on two major hikes. I use the term "major" loosely. Like, I'm not wearing the tall boots and wool socks and safari hat and using walking sticks. Though all of that would've been nice. We went to Lost Dutchman state park and hiked below Superstition Mountain, then another morning we hiked up Camelback. Had to burn off all those cupcakes and oatmeal cream pies, right? 





Ok so that last pic might be from "Hey Dude." A thousand high fives if you used to love that show as much as I did. OH THAT CRAZY MR. ERNST.



Goodbye Arizona-


...it was fun, but it's always nice to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment