Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy birthday, baby

One year in and I’m starting to think I know what I’m doing when it comes to parenting. My little nugget of a sidekick…my number one li’l dude…my sweet baby guy turns one year old today. It’s cliché to say, but I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday.

It’s funny to think about all the things I thought I would be doing as a parent, and how reality has instead stepped in.

Plan: Always waking him up by singing “Morning has broken.” I loves me some Cat Stevens.

Reality: Most the time it’s “Hibabytimetogetupmamaisrunninglate.”

Plan: Read a book to him before bed every night.

Reality: Plop him in front of a pile of toys/books and let him go to town.

Plan: Take him on my morning jogs

Reality: Umm why would I wake up a sleeping baby at 5 am to go running in the dark?

Plan: Feed him homemade nutritious baby food.

Reality: Ok so this one mostly stuck. I definitely bought my fair share of Gerber, but it wasn’t difficult to occasionally make a batch of pureed carrots/sweet potatoes/chicken for him.

We had a nautical themed birthday party with family over the weekend and it was so much fun.

 Sailboat hard boiled eggs









Baby’s first cupcake went over a little too well.










 Happy birthday Mac Mac! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment