Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Birthster

I’ve always loved how every so often my birthday falls on Easter weekend. Four score and seven years ago it was actually on Easter. Praise be to..me? Anyway, love love love Easter. Love the springtime flowers, love the pretty pastels, love the chance to wear dresses I haven’t seen since last summer.
 

Not-so-much love to the candy.  Now believe me when I say I’ve had my fair share of it, but here is a fun reminder about what exactly is in the Easter candy we think we love. Below are three different ingredient lists. See if you can figure out which candy they belong to:
 
1. Sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, contains less than 0.5% of the following ingredients: yellow #5 (Tartrazine), potassium sorbate (a preservative), natural flavors, carnauba wax
 
2. Milk chocolate (sugar, milk, chocolate, cocoa butter, milk fat, nonfat milk, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavors), sugar, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2% or less of: artificial color (yellow 6), artificial flavor, calcium chloride, egg white
 
3. Sugar, Corn Syrup, Modified Food Starch (Corn), Cornstarch, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Confectioner's Glaze, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax, Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 3





He learned quickly that it's more fun to throw the eggs than sweetly pose with them.

Here are the correct answers:

1. Peeps
2. Cadbury Creme Egg
3. Jelly beans

This Easter, stick to the ham and the green beans. Try to steer clear of anything with carnauba wax. And dodge any incoming plastic eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment