Friday, March 8, 2013

Reminisce

It was two years ago today that I returned from a vacation to Hong Kong.

I'm not so much of a go-outside-of-my-comfort-zone gal, so why the trip to Asia?  My youngest brother spent a semester of college abroad at one of HK's universities, so my other brother and I figured he could serve as our tour guide.  Which he did.
First order of business: hit the grocery store for snacks and foreign beer.  Thousand Island chips were delicious.  Seaweed chips were not.  The middle product- Jolly Shandy- was lychee beer.
We stayed on the club level of our hotel and breakfast every morning (along with the South China news) consisted of kiwi, dragonfruit, and dim sum.
Assorted gluten?  Ehhhh pass.  BTW- prices are in Hong Kong dollars (8 HK$ = 1 US$).
Roasted baby pigeon, beak and all.
Street meat market.
"Hey Jeff- am I supposed to eat this brown part?"

"Ummm that's the poop sac."

Seafood market.
There was a city park known for its monkey population.  I was excited to go- I pictured a Curious George smiling and hopping up to meet me.  He would hug me, sit on my lap, and I would feed him a banana.

In reality, it was swarm of angry aggressive monkeys.  More like Furious George.
Cable car ride up a mountain. #NotAfraidOfHeights#JustKiddingYesIAm
The absolute best thing I ate- squid burger @ MosBurger.  Delicious.  Notice the dark purple tentacle bit.  Like a Big Mac, only with squid.
Hopefully within the next year I can plan a return vacation.  Though maybe next time I'll skip the monkey park. 











No comments:

Post a Comment