Friday, November 30, 2012

The fine line becomes blurred


I hold a few things sacred in my life.


Chip-free painted nails.









 My belief in "the higher the heel, the closer to God."











Preventing my unibrow from taking over my forehead, a la Bert. 
 
And my opinion that one should never- ever- go out in public with wet hair and/or pajama pants.


*thanks Google for the random image

So given that I'm a little too into keeping up appearances, it was a surprise to even me when I found myself buying this at Target:

















A leopard print adult onesie, complete with footies.  One part Snooki, one part "I-give-up."

I took a gamble, having to weigh out extreme comfort vs risking my husband leaving me out of repulsion. 

He actually took it fairly well, but maybe that's only because I distracted him with a tasty dinner. 

Vegetable Chickpea Curry from CookingLight.com
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2cups chopped yellow onion
1 cup (1/4-inch thick) slices carrots
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated ginger (I bought jarred)
1 teaspoon chopped garlic (again- just buy garlic in a jar)
2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups cubed peeled potato
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 1/2 cups (1 inch) green beans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (14 oz) can low sodium vegetable brown
1 bag fresh spinach, rinsed
1 can light coconut milk

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and carrot; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender.  Add curry powder, sugar, ginger, garlic, and chile; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly so that spices don't burn.

2. Place onion/carrot mix in the bottom of a slow cooker.  Stir in chickpeas and next ingredients (through broth).  Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.  Add spinach and coconut milk; stir until spinach wilts.  You can serve over rice or with whole wheat naan if you'd like.


Makes six servings.  Per serving: 275 calories, 44 g carbs, 7 g fat, 11 g protein, 10 g fiber.
 


At least I don't have wet hair. 

       




           
  •  


2 comments:

  1. Lol...I just looked at a onesie the other day and although it looked extremely fantastic and comfy, I couldn't bring myself to thinking about buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on- cross over to the dark side. The feet even have grippers!

    ReplyDelete