Monday, November 19, 2012

One is the loneliest number

Ever since we got married, I've been packing my husband a lunch every day.  Some people find that sweet and endearing.  Others find it control freak-esque.  Fortunately my husband is in the former...at least that's what he tells me.

I usually pack the same lunch for both of us, only his portions are larger.  I try to make it balanced- good proteins, healthy fats, and of course healthy carbs- often in the form of an apple.
But now- for THIRTY DAYS straight- this apple has gone uneaten.

After the first few days of being ignored, I figured that my husband just wasn't hungry for it.  So I started packing a little bit less food in accordance.

Nope.  Didn't work.  How dare he ignore my healthy apple!
The passive-agressive continuous re-packing gave rise to this more creative approach.  But of course he's not going to eat an apple with Sharpie all over it...I hope.  So I packed a smaller apple too.  One for humor, one for eats.

As soon as he got home I opened up his lunch tote to see if my ploy worked...


Success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment