Friday, May 18, 2012

On to better things

Well now that I've read all three of the "Fifty Shades..." books, it's back to blogging.  Not-so-great writing and completely unrealistic plotlines...and the author is laughing her way to the bank I'm sure.  Fifty Shades of Time Wasted.  But at least I can say I've hopped on that pop culture bandwagon.

I am behind on recipe posting, but since it's Friday and a beautiful weekend's ahead of us, here's a super easy crock pot recipe that is perfect for summer.

Barbecue Shredded Pork
-1 pork loin (about 1 1/2 pound)
-12 oz root beer (not diet)
-Bottle of barbecue sauce

Place pork and root beer in a slow cooker.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  Drain liquids.  Shred with a fork, add barbecue sauce, and serve.

Is it the most nutritious thing I've ever made?  Nah.  But it's not awful for you, since pork loins are pretty lean.

So there you go- don't spend your weekend cooking.  Enjoy the weather and a good book.  Just don't ask me for my pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment