Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Best pizza in the 'Land

I would say the #1 childhood toy in our household was the Lego.  More accurately, the 372,689 Legos that were spread all around our basement.  My brothers and I had our own personal Lego Land, and it was an ethnically diverse one at that.  One neighborhood had palm trees and natives that we named "Mowgli men."  (In retrospect that does sound slightly racist). 

In another neighborhood lived the space-aged guys and their toys.  Sweet helmets, huh?  They're all so smiley with their plastic pipe wrenches and scoopers and metal detectors weapons. 
Just around the block was my 'hood.  "Paradisa."  I would legitimately be thrilled if I could own the life-size version of this place.
Pink staircase.  Pet parrot.  Tuxedoed waiter bringing me a non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri (I was eight, after all).

But the most happenin' spot in our land was the pizzeria.
 Straight from the oven to your home- a delicious pie of Swedish-made plastic.  People from all neighborhoods would order, and Chef would happily oblige.  That girl on the corner looks like trouble though. 

Maybe it's because of memories of this, or maybe because pizza is just a great food, but I've always enjoyed doing the whole make-your-own pizza thing.  I've tried it all- pizza bagels, pizza English  muffins, pizza pitas.  This weekend I picked up some whole wheat pizza dough at Trader Joe's and we had ourselves a little pizzeria. 

I made up a margherita-type pizza, with fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, and some spinach.  My husband chose a Greek-type one with olives, mushrooms, and feta (does he do this so that I won't end up asking for a bite?  Bleh!). 







Do you think they'd deliver pizza this good to "Paradisa"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment