Monday, November 21, 2011

"I'll have some of that man meat."

It is such a stereotype of guys to assume they're all just into grilling and eating mass amounts of wings, ribs, and beef.  Well the thing about stereotypes is they are often based on truths, and my husband certainly falls into this category.  He received a smoker for his birthday and on Saturday he attempted to smoke for the first time.  He dug my two pork loins from the deep freeze (eww- uh I mean literally here).  Direct quote: "if I'm going to screw up, I want it to be on something that's not that awesome." 

Now doesn't this look like your idea of a fun Saturday?
Yes honey, you tend to your meat.  I'll be warm and cozy in the kitchen pretending to not eat every 3rd Reese's peanut butter mini cup I'm chopping for a new recipe.  Ignore the rotting pumpkins and leftover gardening junk on our deck.  'Fraid we're "those kind of neighbors."  The end product was pretty tasty actually.  However we learned something- smoked pork = ham.  We enjoyed a nice ham dinner with some roasted Yukon gold potatoes sprinkled with olive oil and Cajun seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment