Monday, November 21, 2011

Do not try this at home

There are plenty of sweets I can confidently steer clear of: ice cream?  I'd scream!  Danish?  You wish.  Pie?  I cannot lie- I'd rather die. 

But I cannot resist a good bar.  Especially if it's a center edge-less slightly-underbaked piece.  When I found a recipe from Shelly on CookiesandCups.com, I thought it looked like a good dangerous Saturday baking project.  The original recipe called for marshmallow fluff, but I swapped that out for caramel. 

PB & Caramel Blondie Bars

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 2 cups coarse chopped peanut butter cups (10.5 oz bag) (I used dark choc Reese's minis)
  • 1/2 cup caramel from a jar (like Smucker's)

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
  3. Cream butter and peanut butter together.
  4. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
  5. On medium speed add in eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
  6. Stir in your baking soda, salt and flour until just combined.
  7. Fold in your chopped peanut butter cups.
  8. Spread the batter in your prepared pan.
  9. Drop you caramel randomly on top of the batter and swirl in with a knife.  Baked for approximately 30 minutes.  The center might seem underbaked, but it will set as it cools. 
  10. So there you have it.  Delicious.  I won't even both calculating the nutrition facts, because, well, sugar + fat make for a super high calorie count.  Enjoy in moderation (if you can...).

No comments:

Post a Comment