Friday, September 30, 2011

A squash divided against itself...

Ha, this title reminds me of a great line George Costanza had on "Seinfeld."

I have cooked spaghetti squash in the past, but never for my husband.  I prepared it the other week and he loved it.  I love how easy it is.  This week's trial was butternut squash.  He requested a "sweet" version, with a bit of cinnamon on it.  I don't care for that, so on the right is my olive oil + pepper squash.  Win-win.
Recipe:
-Cut 1 butternut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds & guts
-Place in a Pyrex baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour or until flesh is soft
-Peel away skin and cut into cubes
-Season with olive oil, pepper, and salt, OR 1 Tbsp Brummel & Brown light butter, sprinkle of brown sugar, and cinnamon
-Return to over for another 10 minutes
Serving size = 1 cup cubes
Calories = 82

Just one cup gives you 457% of your daily vitamin A needs!  In fact, I feel my vision is improving as I write!  Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment