Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Unfaithful Blogger

Roughly six weeks into my blogging experience and I have...dum da dum!  One post. 

I've always been better at coming up with ideas than necessarily following through with them.  One thing I've learned so far is that it takes time to make posts, and the blog has been last on my priority list.  Now that my wedding has come and gone (*sniff sniff*) it is time to get back to it.  I welcome back some accountability!

Here are some pictures of the big day- it was truly the best day of my life, and hopefully my husband thinks the same, haha.



Our cake was made by Cynthia Wheeler of Sweet Life Desserts, who's a good friend of Marcus's mom.  Everyone thought I was exaggerating when I told them "this is the best cake you've ever had in your life," but afterwards people were in agreement.  We chose a red velvet cake for our tiered cake and then also had a strawberries & cream sheet cake.  Both were excellent, and I don't think we'll be waiting a whole year before eating our top tier. 

It is a bit inevitable that there's a sort of letdown after a wedding.  "Now what?"  I have nothing to shop for.  Nothing to plan for.  Nothing to exercise for!  I am definitely a person who needs something to plan for, fitness-wise, so I signed my husband and myself up for the Elm Creek Park 10K race on October 8.  I've ran this race many times in the past with my family and it's absolutely beautiful- part trail, part paved path through woods and prairie.  I'm a lucky girl to have a husband who's willing to join me in my running ambitions!

No comments:

Post a Comment