Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Blah Christmas is coming up too fast! Too bad I have pesky things like work that get in the way of all the holiday activities. This past weekend we crammed in a whole lot o’ holiday fun and count ‘em- one home cooked meal.

First things first- I am three weeks late to the Gilmore Girls party but OH it is still fun. We ate Chinese food, burgers, and Pop Tarts to keep on theme.



Saturday morning I took Mac to ride the Santa train to the North Pole. Santa wasn’t so much the draw here but he was so into the train.



“Mmm, hot chocolate is good.” 



We went to Nickelodeon Universe for the annual “Holiday for Heroes” event. He wanted to ride these whip-around-the-curve-cars again and again. I cut him off before things got barftastic. For me, I mean. 



He threw an atomic meltdown when it was time to go home. He has two modes- happy and sweet, or screaming creature from the underworld.






I had a chance to do some major meal prep while the boys were napping. I LOVE it when I have huge freezer bags full of grilled chicken. I had some lettuce in the fridge as well, so I whipped up easy Thai peanut lettuce wraps for dinner.

Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps
-8 grilled chicken tenderloin strips, warm
-2 carrots, grated (or you could buy matchstick carrots)
-8 lettuce leaves (I used butter lettuce)
-1/3 cup peanut sauce
-1/4 cup chopped peanuts


Drizzle peanut sauce over chicken strips. Place one strip in a lettuce leaf and top with carrot and chopped peanuts. THAT’S IT. So easy. Each wrap is 200 calories, 5 g carb, 8 g fat, and 27 g protein.







Not exactly a Lorelai 'n' Rory meal, but perfect for an easy night in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment