Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Apparently anything they can do, I can't do better.

This summer I kinda sorta got obsessed with a TV show.  But not just any TV show.  The most DRAMATIC, 

CAPTIVATING, 

INSPIRATIONAL

thing a person could watch:


I mean, I watch the obstacle courses from week to week and it really seems like I could do some of them. How hard could it be to do monkey bars, or hop from toadstool to toadstool*?

*I don't think they're really called toadstools, but I grew up playing way too much Mario Bros. 

This past weekend we happened to take baby for a walk past a playground, and I had an idea for the most

DRAMATIC, 

CAPTIVATING,

INSPIRATIONAL 

thing my husband and I could do together:







Quit being intimidated by my biceps!

This ended up being the most pathetic attempt at athleticism you've ever seen.  Well, at least for me. My husband was suspiciously good at scaling the fireman pole. 

But you know what? At least I have some skills. 

Kitchen skills.

Mini Quiches
-12 eggs
-1/2 cup skim or 1% milk
-1 cup grated zucchini
-1/2 cup other add-ins (I did some shredded carrot, chopped red onion)
-2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-2 slices whole wheat bread
-pinch or salt
-olive oil cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tin pan with cooking spray. Line each muffin cup with three small chunks of bread (ok so doing the math, you want to tear those two pieces of bread into 36 small pieces).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in add-ins. Evenly distribute egg mix between the 12 muffin cups.
3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165. The quiches will puff up while baking. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. They will deflate a bit.

These are nice because you can freeze the leftovers. Just microwave to reheat for a quick breakfast. You could also use these to make a breakfast sandwich between a whole wheat English muffin. 

Makes 6 servings (2 mini quiches is a serving). Per serving: 200 calories, 16 grams protein. 



Now time to go do some bicep curls before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment