Monday, November 4, 2013

Those halls need some decking

Something wonderful happened sometime over the past four days.
The Comcast music channel started playing Christmas tunes. 

Some may say "it's too early!"

I say that I've been waiting for this for 11 months now. 


What could be more cheery background music than The Little Drummer Boy?  I listened to this channel while putting away groceries yesterday, pa-rum-pum-pum-pum.

I figured I'd give a look at a typical grocery haul.  We go shopping on Sundays, and Aldi is pretty much our one-stop shop.
(By the lighting in these photos, you'd think I have a single light in my entire kitchen, but no, this was all-lights-on-at-midday)

We have:
-bag of fresh spinach
-bag of bananas
-frozen pepperoni pizza (surprise, surprise- not my pick)
-2 cartons of raspberries
-bag of blue corn tortilla chips
-bag of shredded cheese
-carton of eggs
-carton of vanilla yogurt
-pre-made guacamole
-loaf of whole grain bread
-orange juice
-chunk of white cheddar
-tube of pork sausage
-carton of fresh Brussels sprouts
-2 packages refrigerated tortellini
-jar of marinara
-2 boxes of frozen breaded ravioli (another not-my-pick)

-bag of yellow onions
-fresh green beans
-carton of baby portobellas
-butternut squash
-cottage cheese
-Kefir (I've been obsessed lately)
-1% milk (we compromise)
-Honey Nut Cheerios
-Lucky Charms (both generic equivalents- we go halfsies with plain Cheerios and bran flakes)
-baby carrots
-2 bags of Clementines (also obsessed)
-2 pounds extra lean ground beef

So with all this food, recipes for the week include:
-homemade nachos
-meatloaf (with added carrots and onions), plus green beans
-butternut squash, mushroom, & tortellini
-brown rice, spinach, and sausage hotdish

If that last one turns out the way I dream it will, I will post it. 

Don't hold your breath, pa-rum-pum-pum-pum.





No comments:

Post a Comment