Monday, May 13, 2013

The wind beneath my wings

This past weekend my husband and I completed our annual half marathon. 

13.1 miles of...fun?  No, not so much. 

Here's a picture from the race:
Er, maybe that's a scene from "Twister," but it's about how I felt on the race course.  Only I was running against the tornado's wind. 
Hence me dying on the stairs at home later. 

But at least I promised myself a sweet reward:
Kevin McCallister-style one-cheese-pizza-JUST-for-me, and a slice of turtle cheesecake on the side.  SHUT UP I EARNED IT.

Ok.  Now that that is out of my system, I realize that I've been holding out.  I haven't posted a recipe that I make a few times each week.  It is the easiest recipe everrrrr.  Perfect for the morning after a race when you're feeling sore and don't really want to spend much time or effort making breakfast.  Or just any morning when you don't really want to spend much time or effort making breakfast.

Behold: microwave scrambled eggs.

All you need are eggs, milk, and a microwaveable container.  I like to use my Pyrex measuring cup, but any bowl would work. 

Whisk your eggs and milk together.  For each egg you use, add 1 tablespoon milk.  I made two eggs, hence I used 2 tablespoons. 
 
Microwave for one minute.  Fluff and stir.  Microwave for 30 more seconds, or until eggs are no longer runny.  Stir in some salt, pepper, cheese, or whatever.  Eat. 
Tip: Right after you make your eggs, let your bowl soak in some hot water.  Once the egg remnants dry up, it's really hard to scrub clean.

I suppose now I can go back to running for fun, and cheesecake-eating for guilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment