Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Weekend

I remember once reading how Jessica Simpson only washes her hair like once a week.  At the time I thought that seemed super nasty.  But looking back on this past weekend...I have to reconsider.

Dry shampoo and stretchy pants have turned me into a total lazy blob.  Like I cannot even be bothered to take a shower or change my pants- "no one will know that these are the same black stretch pants as yesterday and the day before."

My lucky husband.  Don't worry- I don't stank- TGF Bath and Body Works spray.  BBW stank > human stank.  AMIRIGHT? 

Why the lack of showers?  Why the lack of posting? 

For whatever ill-timed reason, I have decided to go all-out with home redecorating.  That is, the decorating I did 10 months ago is soooo 2012 and I need to update.  Mostly that involves painting and stenciling.  And who cares about showering when there's another coat of primer to be slapped on?

I won't show pictures yet because I'm not done. 

So yeah.  That's what I've been doing. 

But I suppose for old time's sake I should post a recipe, lest you think I've been surviving on a ramen noodle diet*. 

Steak Sandwiches with Parsley Pesto
1 baguette (or other rustic bread), sliced lengthwise
3/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (not the curly kind!)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
16 oz steak (I bought really thinly sliced fillets, figuring they'd be easiest to grill)
Pepper to taste
Fresh spinach or arugula, about 1-1 1/2 cups
Tomato, sliced

Combine parsley, oil, garlic, and cheese in a food processor.  Blend until it's spreadable.



Set aside.  Heat up a grill pan over medium-high heat.  Place steaks in the pan and cook until both sides are seared and no longer pink.  Sprinkle on some pepper to taste.

To assemble sandwiches: spread pesto mix, top with some spinach or arugula, a tomato, and steak.

Makes 4 sandwiches. 

*I totally have been surviving on ramen noodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment