Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Well Done

It's really easy to not do stuff.

I mean, I like to think that my husband and I are an active couple and we get out 'n' about. 

But there's traffic.  And parking.  And...lack of motivation.

This past weekend we defied our own odds and drove up to Taylors Falls, along the St. Croix river.  873 people also must've defied their own odds too.  It was crowded, but it was a beautiful day.  Hard to complain when it's 75 and sunny, and you're looking at stunning scenery.  Here's my weekend in pictures:




Is it just me, or is the dog smiling too?
New dog toy.  She ate half his bangs in less than 10 minutes.
Homemade applesauce.  Motts doesn't want you to know how easy this is.  Peel and slice apples (about 4-5 medium), dump them in a small slow cooker.  Add 1/4 cup water, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, and cinnamon to taste.  Cook on low for 5 hours, or longer.  The longer you cook, the mushier it gets.  You could go all the way, cook for like 8 hours and end up with spreadable apple butter.  Perfect as is, or as a topping for buckwheat pancakes.


It was a great weekend to be me.

And a great weekend to be my dog. 




No comments:

Post a Comment