Friday, October 19, 2012

Time for my quarterly vacation

A few days ago I was able to travel down to St. Augustine, Florida for my cousin's wedding.  I had figured that Florida weather in October would be a bit on the cool side- too chilly for swimming, cold ocean water.  My 2-oz travel sunscreen would surely be more than adequate.

Nope.

Not the case at all.

It's bad.  I'll spare you the full extent of my burn, but I'll tell you that the dandruff-effect of a peeling nose ain't pretty.
Reliving my youth- Slush Puppies and mini golf.  Two holes in one!  Just like I perform in a round of regular golf!

My husband did lots of surfing.  I did lots of laying on the board in the shallow waters paddling around. Wheeee!
St. Augustine is the oldest city in the country, founded by Spanish traders in 1565.  I might have learned that fact on the Ghost Tour we went on.  We took a tour of the old jail, and in the kitchen was one of the first refrigerators ever made.  No, not an ice box- it actually had cooling tubes that flow from the top ice box down into the actual fridge.  I tried to take a pic of the label, but it has a stamp of Good Housekeeping on the label.

The original fort.  A little disappointing that the moat no longer exists.  A moat filled with crocodiles and snakes.
Dude, totally not my thing.  My husband ate all of them.  I was too busy feeding the fish below- the restaurant was situated on a pier, and they supplied me with bread to drop from the little tableside trapdoor.

I ordered a crabcake sandwich.  Delicious. I might have to try making a lighter version of this at some point.

Great vacation filled with ocean swimming, touring, and lots of fun with family.

Now excuse me while I go hunt down some aloe.


No comments:

Post a Comment