Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Scary Stuff

So it turns out that having a yard requires some maintenance.

Who knew?

The thought occurred to me this past weekend, as I was sitting out on our porch reading the morning paper.

"Huh, that plant is quite a bit taller than the others."

Upon geez-you-could-still-see-it-at-a-distance inspection, I found it was a giant weed.  This baby had been growing for quite some time. 
We suspect our neighbors already think we're hermits, and we certainly don't want them to think we're averse to lawn care either.  With a pair of new gardening gloves, I went to town.  I considered that my cardio/strength for the weekend.

Moving onto scary stuff of the sugar variety, I decided to do a little experiment.  While at Wal-Mart, I picked up some popular drinks.  I did the conversions to figure out how many teaspoons worth of sugar each contained.  Here are the results:
Gatorade: 10 teaspoons
Country Time Lemonade: 13.8 teaspoons
Vitamin Water: 7.6 teaspoons
Pepsi: 16.4 teaspoons.

Gross. 

I'll have to try this out with some other heavily sweet products too.  McDonald's sweet tea- you're next.


No comments:

Post a Comment