Thursday, August 23, 2012

Truths

There are many  misconceptions out there about dietitians. 

I can't speak for everyone else, but I can assure you that my diet doesn't consist of tofu, flaxseeds, and acai berry.

I do not spend money on supplements. 

I like to eat sweets.

And sometimes I like to make a bucket of chicken and pasta salad for dinner.
For the chicken, I used a bottle of Lawry's marinade, then grilled it until 165 degrees.

Creamy Pasta Salad
1/2 box whole wheat macaroni noodles
2 stalks celery, washed and diced
1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup lowfat mayo
Pinch of salt and pepper and onion powder

1. Bring a pot of water to boil and add noodles.  Cook until soft.  Rinse and drain.
2. Meanwhile combine cottage cheese and mayo in a food processor.  Run until smooth.  Add to noodles.  Add onion, celery, salt, pepper, and onion powder.  Mix well.  Refrigerate at least an hour. 

You wouldn't have to puree the cottage cheese if you didn't want to- it would just look a little different is all. 

Makes 4 servings.  Per serving:
157 calories, 24 g carbs, 2.5 g fat, 2.5 g fiber, 11 g protein.

Come on- you had to have expected the whole wheat.  I am still a dietitian, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment