Friday, April 5, 2019

As long as it's already crazy 'round here...

I need someone (other than my husband) to try to talk me out of getting a puppy.


 I MEAN SERIOUSLY.

A mini goldendoodle is majorly on my want list, and it may have EVERYTHING to do with the fact that our kitchen floors look like this after every stinkin' meal:


 In other happenings, the babies are about two minutes away from figuring out how to use the doggie door for themselves.


 The boys have started their "garden work."


And I am in the middle of "birthday week"- all four kids and myself have birthdays this week- April 2, 4, 6, 8! My husband is the odd one out (or maybe the lucky one, depending on how you view birthdays).


Treat YO'SELF.


A birthday bouquet and some antiobiotics. What adult gets strep throat...and on their birthday? Meh, I'm feeling much better today, and hoping I didn't pass it to the kids. We have a PARTY to throw tomorrow!

I took the babes to Aldi this morning and they got to ride in the cart for the first time.


BIG thanks to Aldi for being the only grocery store around that has space for two kiddos to sit.

Before vacation I had made an jalapeno popper stuffed chicken recipe that I am delinquent in sharing! I actually made this last week too, so you KNOW something is good if I make it twice in less than one week. It's easy. It's quick. It's delicious. It's something you should make soon.

Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken makes four servings
-1 lb big fat boneless chicken breasts (do not get the thin cut kind!)
-1 box (8 oz) Neufchatel cream cheese
-2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
-1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
-1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
-1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
-Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

In a mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, peppers, garlic, and cheese until smooth-ish. Set aside.

Take your chicken breasts and cut slits in them width-wise. Cut deep, but be sure not to cut all the way through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to season.

Take your filling and stuff a little bit inside each slit. I found that it's just easiest to do this with your hands rather than try to use a spoon.

Top each stuffed chicken breast with bread crumbs. This will give the chicken a bit of a crunch like real jalapeno poppers, but by not breading the whole dang thing we are saving on time and calories.

 Bake uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes. Optional- if you really want a browned toasty look and taste, switch to low broil for the last few minutes (but keep a close watch!).

I may have been so excited to eat this, both times, that this is the only lonely picture I took.


So so so good! The creamy cheese with the spicy jalapenos and the toasted crunch of the breadcrumbs is awesome paired with chicken. Heat up some veggies and you're all set for dinner!

Per chicken breast: 300 calories, 7 grams carbs, 11 grams fat, 30 grams protein

But seriously, delicious dinner aside- how about dem puppies??




No comments:

Post a Comment