Thursday, December 13, 2018

Merry Giftmas!

OOF is that title ever lame!

Not really caring though because ermygosh it's like two weeks away from Christmas already.

Why is it that September seemed like the looooongest month ever, and now it's pretty much 2019.

Gah.

One of my favorite posts to do each year is a Christmas gift list featuring health and wellness items. I'm just like Oprah, only I don't give anything away.

Please don't leave me.

All of these are things I can vouch for as useful, nee necessary, in anyone's life.

1. Reusable stainless steel straws

You've heard that many restaurants are now banning plastic straws, because really, they're TOTALLY USELESS. Unless you've had your lips removed. Then you get a free pass. I dig these because I often drink my protein shake in the car, and sipping is tough while driving, so having a reusable straw makes it no mess. And yes, I'm pretty much like my four year old in the spill department.

2. Lole High Waist Leggings

Okay so maybe not quite for any dudes in your life, but these are hands down my favorite leggings. These suckers stay put and I never have to adjust them as I go through my day. They're pretty thick so I don't wear them in summer months, but for fall/winter/spring they're a must. I bought mine at Terra Loco, which is owned by a friend (hi Tiffany!).

3. Silk Sleep Mask

It might look more feminine but errrrrybody needs their beauty sleep, AKA minimum 7 hours a night. My husband likes to read before going to sleep so I use this to block the light. It doesn't suck that I feel 2% more like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's with this pretty mask.

4. Wool Socks

Given my work hours are 6am-9pm (heh heh) and I'm on my feet the majority of the time, I've started needing to wear athletic shoes around the house to prevent soreness. I swear by wool socks for both wearing around the house and doing cold weather activities. Wool breathes well but also retains heat. These wool socks are all so cute and come in fun colors, PLUS they don't slide down and get all bunchy in your shoes.

5. Kombucha Kit

If you don't have a hookup for a SCOBY (I have tons!), this is a great way to get started with DIY kombucha. I've blogged about it before and I've been drinking a morning glass for 5 months now. It's not some miracle liquid that'll reverse age you, but it keeps the pipes well plumbed if you get my drift. And I like the taste. And it keeps us from plowing through high calorie/high sugar fruit juice.

6. Vision T40 Treadmill

Definitely not in everyone's budget, but the other week my husband and I were commenting on how happy we've been with our treadmill. We bought it five years ago and have really put the miles on it and it's held up extremely well. It's a super solid basic treadmill- no virtual reality type TV screen to make it look like you're frolicking on the beach, but that's definitely not something I care about.

So that's my own list- what is on your wish list? Better get to it- only 12 more days!


No comments:

Post a Comment