Friday, June 15, 2018

With you as my witness, I'll work on my fitness

When I learned that I was pregnant with twins in our last round of IVF, I was of course beyond excited and grateful...but...also concerned about how my body would handle it.

I'll admit that I was nervous for every.potential.bad.outcome. I had a major bleed around 13 weeks which was the result of a intrauterine blood clot. That put a stop to the little bit of exercise I had been doing at that point (walking at a moderate pace). I was so fearful of miscarrying that in fact I was as inactive as possible, even though there really isn't any evidence that exercise is associated with poor outcomes.

Fast forward to delivery. I lost all but five pounds in the first two weeks. Helloooooo water weight! Even though I'm currently at a comfortable weight, I am craving the feeling of being fit and strong.


I've been walking a lot of course- either with all four kids during the day (yes, I have a four kid stroller and pushing it is harder than anything you've ever done at CrossFit), or my littlest buddies in the evening. Check mark for cardio, but I need some strength work.



Sunday night I wrote down my starting plan. Nothing huge and time consuming- I wanted to be able to do it in under 10 minutes.



The 20 burpees? I wish I had written NONE BURPEES.

I end up breaking up each exercise into chunks- like I'll do 30 seconds of plank, then 10 push ups, then 10 burpees, etc.

We have TRX straps in our basement and since I literally do at least one load of laundry every day, it's easy for me to do some quick chest presses or something on them.

So yeah. Putting this out here for accountability's sake. Hopefully after a month of doing this I can come up with a next phase plan, burpees or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment