Thursday, March 8, 2018

Ready to tap out

As of Monday I am no longer employed.

Er, voluntarily.

And unemployed in the stay-at-home-mom sense. 

Woof. 

So far I've been doing lots of super important things, like...


making homemade chocolate sprinkle donuts, and...


...taking naps on the couch, and...


...struggling to take my socks off.

In sum, I AM A DISGUSTING HUMAN. 

Gah. 

I'm still a-cookin' though! I made a recipe that I kinda half payed attention to on Facebook. Like, I saw the concept and thought "I don't have 30 seconds to watch this video recipe! There's drool to leak onto my nice pillow!" 

Sloppy Cheesesteaks
-1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 tbsp butter
-2 large yellow onions, diced
-2-3 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
-1 lb extra lean ground beef
-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-1 tablespoon dried parsley
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic)
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-7 slices provolone cheese
-6 whole wheat sandwich thin type "buns"
-Olive oil mayo (optional)

In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add oil and butter. Add onions and peppers. Stir and saute until tender and lightly browned. Pour in a container and set aside. Add beef to the pan. Cook until no longer pink- breaking up chunks well. Add seasonings. Stir onion/pepper mixture back into beef. Turn off heat. Top with slices of provolone. Cover and let cheese melt for about 5 minutes. Stir in now-melted cheese. 

Spread optional mayo on each side of the sandwich thin and top with a scoop of meat mixture. I like to eat mine open faced.







Per sandwich: 375 calories.

Now if you don't mind, I have some feet that need extrication from their socks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment