Monday, February 6, 2017

Now that I'm *not* dead

I've had pneumonia for the past two weeks.

It has pretty much kicked my butt.


Thanks to hardcore antibiotics, I can...talk...and breathe...without horrendously coughing.

Before that hit, I had written a post about enchilada pizza. 'Cause...why not.

I totally get that there are tons of recipe websites and infinity food bloggers out there, but why am I always stumped for what to make for supper?

I mean, shoot- Google search “What’s for dinner tonight” and you literally get 28,300,000 results.

Man, what did people use for excuses before the internet?

On Sunday I did some powerhouse bulk cooking and one component was crock pot salsa chicken. I’ve posted this before but it’s worth reposting- such a simple recipe and it can be used in so many different ways.

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
-1 ~16 oz jar your favorite salsa

Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour salsa on top. Cook on low for ~6 hours, or until internal temp read at least 165 degrees. Shred with a fork. I like to package mine into two separate containers and freeze one.

I kept the fresh cooked chicken and ended up making a quick and easy fajita pizza.

Chicken Fajita Pizza
-1 premade thin whole wheat pizza crust (I like the kind that comes with the sauce packet)
-1 tbsp fajita seasoning (hint- you could have used the rest of the packet stirred into the salsa at the start of the slow cooker chicken if desired)
-1 ½ cups shredded chicken (or could do grilled- whatever!)
-2 cups sliced and seeded baby sweet pepper
-1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
-1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Colby Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Stir fajita seasoning into sauce. Spread sauce over the crust.

Layer chicken, sweet peppers, and onions. Top with cheese.

Bake for ~20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and you can see the veggies starting to char.




Makes 6 servings. Per slice: 348 calories, 22 g carbs, 16 g fat, 25 g protein



No comments:

Post a Comment