Friday, October 21, 2016

In week-old news...

I am so behind the times with things it’s ridiculous. If I were an entertainment journalist, my headline for today would have been “Britney shaves head and attacks car in complete breakdown!”

I can say that because SHE’S DOING SO MUCH BETTER NOW GUYS.

So last weekend I flew to Detroit and met my cousin Megan to do an international half marathon. Oh yes. Borders were crossed. And then uncrossed. Even with politics being fifty shades of MEH, I still wanted back in. Not that going 13.1 miles is ever a super happy easy time, but we had fun doing it.





Megan lives in Ann Arbor, just outside the city, so we walked around downtown and I got a tour of the University of Michigan campus.



You know what almost kind of totally blows my mind? Here in Minnesota, we call it the “U of M.” They do that in Michigan too- of course referring to their own school. If there are six states that begin with the letter “M” and they all have universities, are there alllllll these people calling it “U of M?”

Moving on. We ate lunch at Afternoon Delight and then headed over to Kilwin's for pre and post race treats. Gotta…carb up.







If you’re ever wanting a fun challenge, I highly recommend this race. And if you’re looking for someone to keep you motivated and chat it up while you do the race, Megan’s your girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment