Friday, October 21, 2016

If you're not already sick of pumpkin everything...

I have been one busy bee in the kitchen lately. I did something this year that I’ve never ever ever done.



Baaaaaaaked a piiiiiiiiiiiiie from scraaaaaaaatch!

So it all started out with my mom taking Mac to the pumpkin patch/orchard- or porchard, if you will, and he got to pick out a little pumpkin.

I figured, well sure- why not bake up this little guy and see how it tastes. THE PUMPKIN I MEAN GUYS! Not the kid.

Scooped out the guts, and then that lead to “Why not roast these things?” I had never made pumpkin seeds either.

I had both the pumpkin and the seeds in the oven at 350. The pumpkin took about an hour until the insides were tender. The seeds (covered in olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper) took about 10 minutes.




Cooked pumpkin led to “Why not make a pie?”

So yeah. Once that pumpkin train got rolling I just couldn’t stop it.




Here’s the recipe I used for the pie.


It turned out really really good, and I am so not a pie person. But I dug this anyway.



We call this pie "rustic." 

Annnnnnnnd NOW you are excused to officially be sick of pumpkin everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment