Thursday, May 19, 2016

I don't quite need a conservator...yet...


Yesterday afternoon both boys napped at the same time.

For two solid hours. 

That is winning the mom lottery. 

Instead of use that time to nap myself, or drink wine, or uh, exercise, I decided to tackle the back landscaping. Now I've griped about it before- it's just toooooo much space for me to maintain. Also, I don't really give a hoot about plants unless I can eat the , so there's that. Tired of weeding amongst the you'll-lose-a-layer-of-your-epidermis thorny rose bushes, I took to them like Britney Spears in 2007. Hacked away! Gone with ya! I need a fresh start!


Sooooooo...now what? On our neighborhood walk tonight I noticed a wall of ombré lilac bushes.




More realistically I'll go with raspberry bushes and stick with my preference of edible. It's always something with me.

On the plus side, i made up a new dinner. I've been craving Asian food but didn't want anything heavy. I decided tofu and bok choy fit the bill.

Sticky Ginger Tofu
2 teaspoons sesame or vegetable oil
1 lb extra firm tofu
1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 teaspoon mirin (no biggie if you don't have this)
Tiny Splash of fish sauce (again, no biggie)
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Combine ginger through remaining ingredients and whisk well.

Heat oil in a shallow pan over medium heat. Squeeze excess moisture from tofu. I use paper towels for this. Cut into half inch cubes and toss in pan. Stir occasionally until tofu cubes are golden brown. Remove from heat and pour in sauce. Stir quickly to evenly coat- you don't want the sauce to burn.

For the bok choy I just chopped it up and microwaved it- covered- about two minutes to "steam" it.

I don't know why this is suddenly only let me type centered- and I'm exhausted 'cause I should've chosen "nap" instead of landscaping. Let's roll with it, mmk?





Mmmmmmm. Now how about some raspberries for dessert?


No comments:

Post a Comment