Sunday, March 1, 2015

What won't this kid eat?

It has been a rough week. You came here to hear me whine, correct? No? Things at home have been fine, but my work life is a different story. It is not all sunshine and roses in the land of clinical dietetics. But, there is always silver lining to be found. I have a job. I am getting paid. And I am making some pretty delicious meals with said income.
 
So baby has been a tremendous eater, and I put myself on a mission to have him taste as many things as possible. He’s chowed down Thai food, so that got me thinking how he might feel about Indian.
 
 
Easy Coconut Curry Chicken- makes 6 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2” chunks
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 jar Korma or other Indian sauce
½ can coconut cream (buy the full fat type and scoop it out- you don’t want the coconut water from the bottom)
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 bag fresh spinach
2 cups brown rice (I ended up using jasmine actually)
 
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken. Saute until it starts to brown, then add onion. Stir and cook until internal temp of chicken chunk is at least 165 degrees. Turn heat down to low.
 
Add korma sauce and your half can of coconut cream. Stir to evenly coat chicken. Add spinach, cover, and when spinach is somewhat wilted, add chopped cilantro.
 
That's it. Serve with rice.
 




 
The verdict?
 
 
Not his fave. But you know what? That means all the more for my husband and me to eat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment