Monday, March 16, 2015

Light reading

It’s Monday.
 
I hope you’re okay with a superficial fluff post. Think of this as the Us Weekly of blogs.
 
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a post about cool stuff I’ve bought that I like. Have I not yet established that I am a girl who likes cool stuff? 

First up is an actual food related item. When on vacation this past December, we stopped by the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) store, where there were all sorts of fun things. Things like artsy cool coffee table books. For $40. Things like safe organic thoughtfully-harvested abstract baby toys. For $30. Things like bendy cutting boards to make dumping your onions into your pan without spilling. For $16. Now we’re talking.
 
A few weeks ago I was at Ulta (because they know that if they send me a 20% coupon, I will show up) and sampled some of Pacifica’s Malibu Lemon Blossom hand lotion and loved the smell. But, at work I gotta keep the good smells to a minimum (uhhh gotta keep the bad smells to a minimum too) being a hospital and all, so I went online and bought the scent in a candle. It came in a super cute box with a sample of CC cream as well. Now I can light the candle and pretend I’m as cool as Yolanda on RHOBH harvesting her bountiful lemons.
 



Tazo Bramblewine tea- the. Best. Tea. Found this at Whole Foods, where I do not go often, because $50 never disappeared so fast as when you’re shopping there. I love a good berry tea. My husband’s drinking up this stuff as well.
 

Fresh Berry tint. I’ve blogged about Fresh’s Rose tint before. I was recently cleaning out an old wallet and found a Sephora gift card that had $50.12 written on it in black Sharpie. Ka-ching! Only when I got there, turns out it had $12 on it. Whomp whomp. Still worth spending it on this lip balm. It has a darker tint to it, but is still super moisturizing and non-sticky. I bet this tube will last me just as long as the rose color does (and that’s a long time).
 
H20 Plus Sea Salt shower gel. Why did I buy this stuff? Not a rhetorical question- I can’t remember why I bought this stuff, but I’m glad I did. It has such a unique scent- very fresh and unique. It makes for great bubble bath too.

Essie "Sag Harbor" nail polish- seems perfect for spring. Don't just reserve the pretty colors for the toes. 


Another Whole Foods item- for $1.99 you can buy a 58 oz bottle of sparkling water. It's similar to LaCroix, which I also love, but this is slightly less bubbly. Very refreshing, and just looks pretty. 


Ok to have to brag about this recent thrift store find- a vintage Gucci pouch for $6. I
swear the thrift stores in the slightly shady 'hoods have the best stuff.


And this guy doesn't really fall into the category of "stuff," but he sure falls into the category of things I love.



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment