Thursday, May 8, 2014

What I've been up to

It is 6 pm.  I am still in my hideous pink robe and I just spent way too much time on Pampers' website entering "rewards" numbers from the bags of wipes and diapers we've already plowed through.

Regression.

Baby's a month old now, which means he's even cuter.  But it also means that he's awake more.  And he's learned he has vocal cords.  And he's eating more.  And he's learned that since I bother with "rewards" he can blast through diapers like nobody's business.

And that means blog has dropped on the priority list.  Whomp whomp.

In spite of this, we've been eating pretty well lately, if I say so myself.  I even have an ACTUAL RECIPE to share! I was craving steak tacos the other night and since Aldi randomly had tomatillos in stock, I came up with this salsa.

Green salsa-mole

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 cups husked and finely diced tomatillos
  • 1 cup diced tomato
  • 1 cup diced yellow onion
  • 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • Juice of one lime
  • Half a bunch of cilantro, leaves chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients except avocado.  Minus the avocado, this will keep in the fridge for a day or two. Before serving, mash up avocado and stir into salsa.



Yum.  Good thing this looks absolutely nothing like the filling I'm finding in all these Pampers. Ha.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it's been a month already! Time flies when they're not your own kids. ;) Hope it's going well, and those Pampers rewards pay off.

    ReplyDelete