Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's not the best of days when "911" is on your history of placed calls

Have you ever had a pasty?

Not pastry- but pasty.

I think it's a Michigan church lady type thing.  And it's delicious.  It's a meat and vegetable filled dough ball.  I buy them frozen from the grocery store every now and then.

Last night I was feeling lazy and unmotivated and I can't just have apple cake for dinner, so I turned on the oven to preheat for my pasty.

When I came to double check, this is what I saw:
Oven a-blaze!

The coil, or element, was totally on fire.  Eeeeeeeek.

Turned the oven off, and I at least had enough wits to know that I should keep the door closed.

In case of emergency, always grab:
The Chanel handbag and mini fire extinguisher.  And then call the fire department.

Turns out all I needed to do was undo the "breaker" down in the fuse box to cut off the oven's electrical supply.  The fireman guy, well, one of the 27 people that came racing over, acted like no big deal.  Apparently this happens often?  Maytag should have a giant warning sign imprinted on it:

OH HEYYYY SOMETIMES I BREAK AND IT LOOKS LIKE A WELDING FACTORY UP IN HERRRRR

Now we will pay to have it repaired, unless I can convince my husband that it is the cooking gods sign that we need to buy this baby.

Microwaved pasty and burned out oven?  Fun times.  


No comments:

Post a Comment